Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Manic, Talking Tuesday: a mash-up of a skipped Manic Monday post with today's regular Talk-it-out Tuesday post...

This is where we left off with the coop construction last night.  Looks pretty darned sweet if I do say so myself...that is until I finish it up by using old doors as siding.  Sorry, but there's no way in hell that I'm going to spend as much on my chicken coop as we have on our master bathroom.  Whatever's left in our yard for scrap material is what's being used to finish this thing.  
For the last several days things have been a little crazy at our house.  We're now down to crunch time on getting our master bathroom finished, because we're in the process of re-financing our house (at almost a full 3 points less of an interest rate than when we bought it, thank-you-very-much), and need it finished before the appraiser comes over.  In the midst of all the bathroom-building chaos, we're I'm also way behind on getting our my chicken coop finished.  My chicks are going to arrive in 2 weeks, and right now their poor little unhatched souls are slated for a future life of homelessness.

I came to the realization this morning that we're pretty much adding a master bathroom in our house to make up for the colossal de-valuing that's taking place by putting a chicken coop right outside our front door.  I have taken into consideration everyone's comments suggesting that I should have built it in my back yard.  I agree whole-heartedly with them, but all I can say is....Whoops.

Thanks for stopping by,
-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment