Thursday, January 3, 2013

resolutions...UGH...I know, I told you I wouldn't do it, but here they are anyway...

So, I know I told you, I was going to spare you from this, and post only the ones I had for the business, but, well, I lied.  Not on purpose, but I did.  i had every intention of keeping these to myself, and not boring you with them.  But I guess I just feel like if I spout them off here in Blog Land, then I'll be holding myself accountable.  So really, this post is more for me, than you (sorry)...
short
~ (Keep trying to) GROW MY HAIR OUT... But continue to get regular haircuts.  Let me explain...  I'm famous for "growing my hair out," getting it to my cheekbones, then loping it all back off to pixie-style over and over again.  The main reason is that the back of my hair has this illusion of growing much faster than the front.  This, Folks, is called a mullet.  So by the time it reaches this phase, I'm horrified every time I pass my 80's Hockey Hair in the mirror, and instead of getting it trimmed, I freak out and remove it all.  So, this year, trims, not butchering.  I'm setting small goals right now.  I'll be thrilled if I make it to something like the pic (above right).
 
~ (Keep) RUNNING.  I've actually been doing much better with this over the last few months...  (Other than a few epic fails of Cookie-Monster-style shoveling of food into myself over the holidays, and feeling like I'd barf if I bounced up and down on the treadmill afterwards), for the most part I've been making a point to make my way to the basement a few times a week to blow my eardrums out with my ipod and pretend I'm "running" instead of gasping for air at a slow jog.  Operation get-Grace-Potter-legs continues...

a bike like this...
~ BIKE TO WORK (sometimes).

~ TALK CONFIDENTLY ABOUT THE PRODUCTS I MAKE.  Truth be told, I'm incredibly proud of myself for starting a business from the ground up, with products that I make from scratch.  But can I tell anyone that?  No.  When I sit down for meetings with potential wholesale account, the first thing out of my mouth is usually something like, "sorry about the tiny print on the labels."  And the worst thing I do (which I've caught myself doing on more than one occasion) is when I bump into someone I haven't seen in a while, and they ask, "what are you up to now?" and I say, "I'm home with my baby."  Then I think to myself, "well yes, AND I'm also running my own company..."  So, next Tuesday when I have another meeting with a store that's interested in displaying my products on their lovely shelves, I'll open with something like, "this stuff fucking rocks!"  Maybe the curse-less version though... And the next time someone asks me what I'm up to, I'm going to say, "I just started my own company called House 54.  I make perfumes and natural bath and body products.  Here's my card."


Thanks for stopping by,
-Lindsey    

No comments:

Post a Comment