Thursday, October 4, 2012

I need a makeover...

So I'm a huge advocate of Mommies keeping themselves together, if for no other reason than keeping an identity for themselves other than "Mom."  Do I think you need to look like Victoria Beckham every time you set foot outside your door?  No.  But do I think you owe it to yourself to still take care of YOU?  Absolutely.  Then this morning something horrible happened... after numerous posts about how easy it is to pull together a comfy-yet-stylish outfit, time-saving hairstyles for busy moms, and a 30-second makeup routine to help finish it all off, my 8-year-old son informed me that I've been letting myself go a little.  He didn't actually say that.  I think it would have been easier to take if he had though...

Here's what went down:
The Kid is standing next to my computer chair while I'm doing my morning quick-scroll through Facebook.  Everything's awesome until he says, "Wait, go back up.  Was that a picture of you?"  So I do, and it's this photo that caught his eye...

Yup, Ray Romano.  So, yeah... that sealed the deal on my decision to grow my hair back out, and I definitely need to stop forgetting to wash my face and moisturize in the evenings before bed.  Probably not ready to give up my thick-framed dork goggles yet though...

Before you have kids, you see the lady in the grocery store wearing her husband's sweatshirt with her hair pinned up in a frazzled mess that screams "I haven't gotten to take a shower in the last 3 days," and you say to yourself, "that'll never happen to me."  When you have kids you won't "let yourself go."  You'll still wear your skinny jeans, get regular haircuts (I don't mean regular like normal, I mean it like actually still get them on a 6-week schedule), and it'll be a cold day in hell when you're out in public without a single swipe of makeup on.  Uh-huh...  Then one day you're son tells you you look like Ray Romano...

PS:  Ray, you're one handsome guy, just not what I (as not-a-guy) aspire to look like.  And let all the other haters hate, but I happen to LOVE your new character on Parenthood.


Thanks for stopping by,
-Lindsey


No comments:

Post a Comment