Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Natural pain relief...

I'm a tad addicted to learning about new ingredients, and the concoctions I can create with them.  But I'm a one-woman show here at House 54.  So not everything that I make can go into production for the company.  Some of it is just made in tiny one-jar batches, to satisfy my curiosity, and give me and my family a new jar of goo to play with.

One of those recent curiosities is Arnica.  It's a plant in the sunflower family, and has been used for centuries for pain relief.  Supposedly, it can relieve pain from sprains, bruises, and muscle soreness.  I was admittedly skeptical of the claims, but intrigued enough to want to try it out.  So I've had some Arnica-infused oil for a while now that I've been tinkering with.  Up until recently though, my batches of All-better-balm, or whatever you want to call it, were coming out pretty lack luster.  

Apparently yesterday's muscle pain was the motivation I needed to make the ultimate concoction though.  Between being dragged around my lawn like a rag-doll while my dogs chased my neighbor's cat, and an unreasonably strenuous workout, I had pretty perfectly sore muscles to use as test subjects.  So I finished my batch, and hesitantly slapped a bit of the new goo on my bod.  This is always the part where I'm hopeful, but wince a bit, because I'm not quite sure if whatever new ingredient I just tried out will be the one thing that finally burns my skin off.  As an added, super fun bonus, the cream I made turned out a really magically weird color, sort of like if you mixed an avocado with traffic-control-vest yellow.   So it added a whole other element of terror to the trial.  Well, let me just tell you, HOLY-WICKED-AWESOME-INSTANT-RELIEF-OF-THROBBING-MUSCLE-PAIN, Batman!!!

So I really have no idea if this is something that the general public would be interested in having.  I may just have a few jars of florescent yellow goo in my medicine chest at home.  But this stuff is so amazingly awesome that it may need to go into production.  Your thoughts???


Thanks for stopping by,
~Lindsey  



No comments:

Post a Comment