Thursday, December 13, 2012

Basement make-over inspiration...

I'm about 1/3 of the way through my basement renovation.  By that I mean, simply cleaning it out.  I am NOT a pack-rat.  Let's just get that straight right from the get go.  My Mom is forever accusing me of being unsentimental, because I don't save anything.  If it doesn't serve a purpose in my life anymore, it's pretty much immediately carted off to Goodwill to start serving a purpose in someone else's life.  Or so I thought...

So far I've located 5 boxes of books, a giant box of dishes, glasses, and mugs, 4 area rugs, and no less than a half dozen light fixtures that had been hoarded and never used in various renovation projects.  This is so not my style.  So here are a few inspirational photos to keep me going on my journey to creating a cleaned-up, clutter-free, usable space in my basement...

A spiffy place to work out...
Swanky workout room? YES, please!
A organized workshop area...

Epic pantry/canned-goods area... Pantry idea: The 1"x2"s that help keep the canning jars from falling are painted with chalkboard paint. Then you can label each section with what is stored in the jars.
Tidy laundry area...
small laundry space
A place for everything, and everything in it's place...
Organized Ikea basement storage
Photo from:  Pinned (unknown original source), Wood MagazineShenandoah Valley Flowers, Quality Appliance Reviews, IKEA shelving at Interior Designing.


Thanks for stopping by,
-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment