Thursday, September 19, 2013

New House Progress/Tour, guided by The Baby...

So, wow, it's been a wicked long time since I've done any blogging, huh?  Well, this is what we've been up to...
~We're living in the new house now.  The roof is done.  Flooring is done in the living room and dining room, and partially done in most of the other rooms.  My downstairs painting is done.  I had visions of grandeur for getting the kitchen cabinets painted, but that was sort of a pipe dream, and I'm coming to terms with the fact that I might be putting that project on hold for a while (like for as long as it takes for me to convince my husband that, despite their practicality, those red counter tops still enrage me, and that they don't need to stay in our home).  My business workshop is now set up at the new house, and I'm in freaking heaven now, not having to run back and forth to Jeffersonville to make, package, and ship orders.  Things are by no means even close to being finished, but they're starting to go well.  We're falling into a good groove here at the new house, and everyone seems happier here.  I'm at great risk right now of completely shutting off from public and staying hidden away up here on the hill on my sunny little farm.   
Downstairs hallway, done, and a WALKING baby!   
Master bathroom, mostly done.  Those peel-and-"stick" tiles are absolute flipping garbage, and will be replaced with real slate ASAP.  Maybe you can see if you zoom in, the giant migration that's already taking place between the tiles in front of the vanity.  Seriously, folks, we've lived here for 3 weeks.  We shouldn't be seeing this kind of wear and tear on the tiles at this point.  NOT cool, Lowes, NOT cool. 
Living room flooring done.  Getting the books up on the bookshelf was a major step in improving the overall home-y-ness of the place. 
New gate up on the stairs to keep the walking man confined to the first floor.  Also, the first coat of paint is done on the stairs, as a temporary fix, until we get treads and risers made out of finish-grade wood.  I'll be adding a runner down the middle for now.  (hopefully a near-future how-to post).
Wicked great outdoor spaces to pick apples...
...Or just chill in the Tonka truck...
...Or hang with big brother...
...Or throw toys for the dogs.

I'll have more info posted in a few days about the new Fall/Winter line of HOUSE 54 products also.  Sorry for the lack of communication lately.  But now that we're moved in, and getting settled, things seem to be going along more smoothly, and I should be able to do more frequent postings.  Stay tuned.


Thanks for stopping by,
~Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! I was wondering what you have been up to. They boys look great! The house looks amazing, you have done so much! Go you! And isnt there a special charm in working from home? Something you just dont realize until you try to work from somewhere else. I am a homebody too and I can totally understand that you have everything right there you need! I would love to come visit sometime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not kidding. As thrilling as it was to have my very own big-girl, rented shop space, it's a whole other level of greatness to have it at home.

      And ditto on the visit! We'll use it as excuses to get out of the house. Ha! You can come visit mine, and I'll come visit yours.

      Delete