Friday, February 24, 2012

Hi there!

This is not me. this chick is way hotter, and there's no city skyline view here in vermont.  This is however what I envision when I think about urban farming; making great use of what little space you have, and lookin' good doin' it...
Welcome to my Pretty Clucked Up life.  I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and this brand-spankin'-new blog to you.  I'm Lindsey and this is where I'll be documenting my journey of being a stay-at-home mom and starting up a micro farm to help feed my family.

Topics that will be most frequently covered in this blog:
~Motherhood (speciffically the kind where I've quit my high-paying big-girl job to stay at home with my kid, and am terrified on a daily basis that I'm on the verge of only wearing sweatpants until the end of my days).
~Self-sufficiency, urban farming, and downright clever resourcefulness that gets me by.  Let me point out please that I am no expert on homesteading.  You'll have a front row seat as I discover what works, and what doesn't along the way.
~How my family gets by on only one paycheck now, and why we probably won't ever go back to the way it was with extra money in the bank.
~The ways I manage to still feel human, and slightly attractive when constantly surrounded by compost.
~Natural, planet-friendly solutions to keeping a clean house in a messy world.

Now let's chat about what this blog is not going to be about:
~Even though I think Martha Stewart is a domestic Goddess, this probably isn't going to be a blog she'd approve of.  I'm not going to be telling anyone how easy it is to make perfect looking cupcakes for 37 screaming 5-year-olds.  They're not going to care.  So, quite frankly, neither am I.
~I'm not going to tell you how I think you should live your life, raise your kids, or what kind of toilet paper you should buy.  Whichever kind you choose though, it needs to go on the roll so that the next available piece is coming over the top towards you, not away from you.  This is just the way it is, folks.
~This will not be your go-to place for fancy-schmancy recipes to get you on the next season of Top Chef.  I am more than happy however, to provide you with a few that are so easy even I can make them.
~I wildly dislike clowns, and therefore this will be the one and only mention of them in this blog.


Photo from theselby.com


Thanks for stopping by,
-Lindsey






No comments:

Post a Comment